Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Love Debt


Never say I love you,
when you don't really care.
Never talk of feelings,
if they aren't there.

Never hold my hands,
if you mean to break my heart.
Never say I'm the one,
if you dream of more than me.

Never look into my eyes,
if you are telling me a lie.
Never say hello,
if you think you will say goodbye.

Never say forever,
if you ever plan to part.
Never lock up my heart,
if you don't have the key.

Never promise anything,
if you will drop all your commitments.
A broken promise is a mere scrap of paper.

We make them cry who care for us.
We cry for those who never care for us.
And we care for those who will never cry for us.

Love the heart that hurts you,
but never hurt the heart that loves you.
Because for the world you maybe someone,
but for someone you are the world.

This is the truth of life, its strange but true.
Once you realize this, its never too late to change.


Goodnight, Ms. Kelly.


No comments: